Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fabulous Finds~Cloche Displays

I was quite surprised to find these wonderful antique alabaster
statues at an estate sale in my neighborhood for only 150.00 for
the pair! Aren't they gorgeous? They display so lovely, don't you think?
Standing so elegantly and confident on her pedestal!

This gorgeous lady statue weighs a ton...such wonderful
patina and detail!

I just fell in love with this large antique black & white picture!
The frame has such nice detail that you can hardly see, but trust
me, it's gorgeous! Look closely at this picture and you can see a
lovely statue in the background! A steal for only 5.00!
The same wonderful lady that I bought the statues from,
had a lot of old things that were her mother's. Old baby shoes,
lots of antique lace, and buttons, I knew the perfect place to display
it all, in my old glass jars that I posted about a couple of weeks ago!
I hope you are enjoying the pictures so far... I'm not quite done yet!
I thought you may want to hear this...T.J Maxx has some of the cutest
vintage style christmas decor that you have ever seen! They are made
of paper mache, and everything blends in perfectly with your own
vintage treasures!! Look how cute this snowman looks under a cloche!!
This cloche, I have displayed an antique porcelain
bust found for only 10.00 Isn't she lovely!
With most cloche displays, I think vintage
wedding cake toppers look their best under glass
Wouldn't you agree?
Not only cake toppers, I do believe trophys look wonderful
as well under a cloche! This little trophy needed a little boost, so
I added a porcelain pedestal!
One of my favorite cloche displays....I love how this cloche
looks on this silver tray, notice the etching on the glass? I
just think it is beautiful! Well, as always, I hope you have enjoyed
the pictures! I love to read blogs with lots of inspiring photos! I hope
I have inspired some of you today! Have a wonderful blessed day!










12 comments:

Sammy Girl said...

THESE. ARE. WONDERFUL!
Nothing else I could say would say it better .... thanks so much for sharing!
Betty :)
ps ... I really need to live near you to have you find me such yummy stuff, lol!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I love using cloches! Thanks for all the eye candy and ideas.

Tammy/Yesterday's Cottage said...

Oh my goodness....Oh so gorgeous!
I love your display of buttons and laces in your jars! I noticed the framed picture of the little girl in a bonnet with her hands in her lap - I found a small one - 5 x 7 at a local flea market a couple of months ago - I just adore her! I'll have to do any upcoming post where I show her off too!

Sandra said...

They are all gorgeous! I love your decor too!
Blessings,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Wow! You hit a great sale. Your displays are beautiful.

vintagesue said...

cheryl...your displays are just getting better and better!!! gorgeeeeouuuus....love those statues and i love all the little buttons in display jars everywhere. i swear i can smell that candle and slide right across your floor into the kitchen for candy and black eyed peas...
lol
s

lala said...

That is such a lovely print, and for only $5 - score!!!! The snowman is adorable, Ill have to go to TJ's tomorrow and hopefully find something similar. I so love the look of your wedding toppers under the cloches - so pretty.

Rhonda said...

I have never been to an estate sale like that!! Everything is scrumptious!!!
Rhonda

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I love seeing all your lovely treasures under glass! You have so many great collections. I like the pretty bust and thanks so much for the tip about the vintage style Christmas goodies at T.J. Maxx!
Michelle

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. This is the first time I have seen your blog, love it, a lot for the eye to see, I love blogs with a lot of eye candy. I'm going to follow you and ad you to my side bar. Can't wait to see what you blog about next.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and for your kind words. Great shots of cloches on your site!

Nany said...

hello there Cheryl.. your blog is such a lovely and inspirational place.. I became a follower... love your cloches... and your statues are so lovely... Hugs from Puerto Rico